Title of the project:Establishing Adolescent Friendly Health Services (AFHS) in Zone II of Dhaka NorthCity Corporation
Supported by Unicef, Bangladesh
- Project Duration: Nov,15 – 30 Nov, 2016
- Project Location: Baunibadh, Mirpur-12,Dhaka-1216
- Number of Staff: 11 ( Persons)
- Reporting Period: November,2015- June, 2016
By signing the agreement on 8th November, 2015, BAPSA (Associating for Prevention of Septic Abortion, Bangladesh) has started to work with Unicef by making Small Scale Fund Agreement (SSFA ) partnership. BAPSA has implemented the project `Establishing Adolescent Friendly Health Services (AFHS) in Zone II of Dhaka North City Corporation’through establishing a Adolescent Friendly Health Services (AFHS) center at House No# 5/24, BounibadMirpur-11, Dhaka-1216 from 15th February, 2016.
The purposes of partnership include :
- increase networking of organizations and clubs/groups working with adolescents in zone 2 of DNCC to promote ASRHR which will minimize duplication and would maximize wider coverage through concerted effort of all organizations and groups.
- Establish Adolescent Friendly Health Service( AFHS) Centre and creating SRHR supporting enabling environment in the working areas;
- Ccollaboration with other public, private and NGOs infrastructure for promotion of sustainable ASRHR( Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights) ;
- Increase involvement of educational institution of the community to foster better understanding on ASRHR;
- Involve community level organizations, Adolescent clubs/groups and increase ASRHR knowledge and utilize them as advocate of ASRHR promotion by providing counseling and organizing awareness sessions and strong referral system will be created for providing health services through AFHS centers to be established with the help of UNICEF. It would serve as model AFHS clinic for NGO as well as for public sector.
A brief description of the activities done by the organization witin Nov, 2015-June ,2016 as follows:
Activities at AFHS Center
- Provide Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) through AFHS Center:
- Provide help-line counseling services at AFHS Center:
- Limited Curative reproductive health Care services:
- Blood Grouping:
- Provide SRHR services & Counseling at Adolescent Clubs (Formal/ Informal) through trained Counselor/ Paramedics /Peer Educator:
- Provide SRHR services & Counseling at Schools, other out of schools and small garments through Counselor/ Paramedics/Peer Educator:
- Campaign Program on SRHR Issues with Adolescents within the project area:
- Organize Workshop/ Orientation with teachers & SMC on SRHR Issue:
- Networking meeting with relevant organizations including school and college:
- Provide SRHR services & Counseling at Schools, other out of schools,& community through satellite camp.
- Provide SRHR services & Counseling at Adolescent Clubs (Formal/ Informal) through trained Counselor/ Paramedics /Peer Educator
- Observation Days: Days observation activities are not included in this project.
- BCC Materials: Reprint of poster on early marriage, Munustrual Hygiene, SRHR Rights and Kishor-Kishori Shastokotha.
- Type of Picture: Pictures has given with activities.
- Financial Audit Report/St. During this reporting time, project has not been audited.